Thursday, August 2, 2012

Say Cheese.

Yep, we had family pictures taken. By a professional. Finally.

It's been 4 years. I have missed some really great "growing up" shots this I know. Unless you count the family pics in between with my fabulous in laws and husband's family, where I had the swine flu. I looked awful and cringe everytime I see them. For my boy is almost a 10 year old and well nearing that stage of tween, ugh. Double digits, YIKES! So, I'm still very thankful to have those swine flu pics... Well the ones that I'm not in. Like at all.

Check out Melissa's blog here for a sneak peek. She posted a mini session special on FB. And well I jumped on it. We went to high school together and I have admired her work for going on 2 years now. I had tried to schedule another session back in early spring with another photographer. Just couldn't ever get the Mr. to make a commitment. Or something always got in the way, weather, front teeth (long story, another entry type of long story) you know the important stuff to make outdoor pictures happen. Just full of excuses I tell ya, as usual. Us Hamlin's put the pro in procrastinate that's for sure.

I had a little over a week to put together some outfits for the fam. I'm supa cheap and well didn't want to spend a crap ton of money, when we have perfectly cute stuff already. I thought I had it all figured out as I laid everything out and texted a pic to my bestie. Then, the genious that I am decided to go shopping a few hours before the shoot for all new outfits. Like I said, procrasinators! It was awful and stressful. I may or may not have even shed a few tears, I then realized why I hadn't done family pics in forevs, yep.

Thank goodness for awesome reassuring friends! And Bonnie Jean who did mine and Nat's hair. One thing I didn't have to worry about. Like at all. She is magical and Miss Natalie LOVED it. See, she hates it when I do her hair it always involves yelling and crying. I chose not to have a puffy red eyed girl that day. Again, so thankful for awesome friends.

I LOVE the smiles Melissa captured so much. She did a wonderful job. I'm a happy girl! And the location was pretty awesome too. Better believe this fall we will be seeing her again.

Not so Fun Fact: I forgot to wear my wedding ring. I kept telling myself grab your rings before leaving and I forgot. Damn it. Realized it as I arrived, the Mr. was pissed. He graciously hit my left hand as much as possible bless his heart.

I won wife of the year award for that alright.


Love this one...

And this one too.
Pucker Up.
And my all time fave photo of me and the Mr. Yep. Love his squishy face against mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment