Monday, August 20, 2012

Not So Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's late and me and my boy are up and in the kitchen baking.

Baking a chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe that is safe for the Nat monster. No egg or wheat flour. I was so hopeful.

He even poured me a glass of milk.

Love my boy. Just wish I had loved the cookies. They had so much promise. I mean look at that batter.

But... They were awful. Imagine a hard sandy greasy sweet brittle um yep.

Awful. I felt like I was 10 again baking that same chocolate chip cookie recipe out of my very cherished cookbook for the first time. A gift from my parents.

They did smell wonderful at least.

He ate one and didn't complain.

See, that's love.

It's our last week of sweet summer. Meet the teacher night is in a few days too. The boy could care less. But Natalie is wearing me out asking about it! Wish it was Thursday already...

We saw Madagascar 3 tonight too in 3D. Cutest movie eva! We met our friends Danny, Nicole and their sweet girl Jayla. Today was her 10th birthday!

Happy Birthday Jayla!

Another reminder that my son will be 10 in just 5 months, yikes!

We'll find a chocolate chip cookie recipe and get it right soon enough. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment