Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Break-ups Suck

May 29th is when I started this entry. It stayed as a draft way longer than it should've. I have started quite a few entries and have been super distracted lately. Yep, I suck.

Wish I'd of published it sooner, reading it makes me a little sad.  But here goes...

We made popcorn tonight. And not the microwaveable controversial cancer causing kind either.

It was my first time.

I had thought about it for months and I finally remembered to buy the oil and kernels. They sat in my pantry for almost an entire month. Taunting my children with it's pretty buttery oil and neat kernels all bagged up nicely.

We LOVE popcorn! It's salty and light, THE perfect snack.
Natalie decided to pop some the other day. In the microwave, in a bowl.

Of course her daddy gave her permission.

Bless his heart, he had no idea. She couldn't contain her excitement for fresh non-microwaveable popcorn either! And damn near burned our house down.

We had a fun popcorn cooking lesson very soon after that "incident". Her brother and I were cracking up, I didn't realize I needed a lid so soon until a few popped me in the face. My kiddo's were rolling on the kitchen floor laughing at their momma that's for sure!

Popcorn was high on the request list almost every evening. They were in LOVE! Like the girl would be in tears if I didn't make it for her on a regular basis. Red flag right there, she was borderline OBSESSED! Like in that movie Fear with Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon. Well not quite but almost.

If only the relationship could've lasted. Turns out the girl is actually allergic to corn. Hence the whole being distracted thing lately. Yep, our lives have changed forevs.

Good bye sweet food friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment