Thursday, March 29, 2012

yippee ki yay

Today is my mother's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you...

And my birthday came and went. And... It wasn't as awful as I had imagined.

I didn't get a birthday cake.

Or a fabulous gift wrapped in a pretty little bow.

I did figure out to disable my birthday on FB, well mostly. So, it was nice not having a bajillion people remind me that I was old.

But I did get one more year of my fabulous life.

And a Lego heart from my son.




Check out this hand written birthday note from my most awesome daughter!

LOVE her...



And best off all. Cash.

Yep, I mean I love gifts but cash is king.

I bought these cute little cowgirl boots too. Technically they were last years gift from the Mr. I never technically got but that's ok. I have forgiven him. I really have.

Ok, I may still be a teensy little bit bitter, but give me another year, at least.

And, I have learned if you really want something you better just go after it yourself. Nothing is ever just handed to you and you cannot just sit around and wait for shit to happen either. It has taken me a very long time to figure this out. But I get it now, mostly.

Oh I almost forgot have you seen these bad boys on supermarket shelves yet?



Yes, those are indeed birthday oreos. Happiness in a bag.

I particularly enjoyed them especially by dipping them in milk while laying in bed late at night in the dark so I didn't have to share with my family. Being in the dark is key, so not to feel guilty eating the entire bag, and not sharing. If you can't see the empty bag then it's not empty. Right?! Oh and a little advice these bad boys soften a lot faster in said cup of milk than the regular ones do.

Please don't tell my doctor, I promise to do better and stick to that heart healthy diet, promise.

The month of March has been such an emotional, crazy, sad and happy month for me. Ups and downs. Lot's of them on so many different levels.

Starting to feel bi-polar oh wait maybe it is the month of March and it's that everyone else is emotionally unstable... Yep, that's it. Can't be me.

Come on April! And... Goodbye March!

No comments:

Post a Comment