Thursday, November 24, 2011

Classy Cranberry Sauce


Thought I'd share my classy cranberry sauce recipe on this Thanksgiving morning as I procrastinate and make it very last minute for our own family gathering.

I have been making this stuff for about 5 years, maybe longer. It's my father in law's fault, really it is. I was asked to bring cranberry sauce to Thanksgiving. And I was informed the "real" stuff, not canned. Now I grew up with the canned goodness so this was all new to me. I made 3 batches that year and well this is the winner in my book. Thanks to my in-laws for opening my eyes to the "real" stuff, I refuse to eat the canned version now.

It's highly requested for Turkey Day, and so super easy to make.

1 bag of Cranberries
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Clove
Sprinkle of All Spice
1 cup Sugar
1 cup High Pulp Orange Juice

Rinse and pick out any yucky cranberries. 
In a medium saucepan dissolve and bring sugar and juice to a boil, add cranberries and spices. 
Turn down heat, boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or so. Cranberries will pop and spit at you, so you are warned. 
The sauce will thicken as it sits, then stick in the fridge to cool completely. Adjust the spices to your liking our family really likes clove, apparently. 
Happy Thanksgiving! Now go stuff your faces and enjoy this awesome day with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment