Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy 9th Birthday Lego Leighton!

Today is my son Leighton's birthday, he's nine today. I remembered a note on myspace on his 3rd birthday I wrote years ago, yeah that's right myspace. So I logged in to take a look and here it is, enjoy.



3 years ago today my son Leighton was born...

He was so very eager to meet us my due date wasn't until February 23rd but he showed up 5 weeks early.  The night of my baby shower at The Upham's in Forney just in time huh!!!  Labor was very hard and scary but we made it...  He was born at 7lbs. 12oz a big boy thank goodness he didn't bake any longer might have been an 11 pounder.  He had a very rough start from the beginning in the NICU with his breathing but now he is a genius baby and you'd never know it.  I swear he has mitts of a 6 year old :)

Leighton is growing up to be such a little man and is very independent.  Such the little strong willed Capricorn i.e. BRAT. He does the funniest things that little boys all do like pick their noses and won't leave his worm alone. Very good with sound effects like his Daddy he makes this hilarious pig noise in his throat I love it!!! Picks on his poor baby sister Natalie all the time.  Seems like he never eats only snacks and drinks chocolate milk.  Lately he has turned into the little parrot repeating every naughty word that flys out of my mouth and I can't help but laugh he has no idea... 

He loves pancakes, cheese pizza and yellow is his favorite color. Loves to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jingle Bells and O' Christmas Tree.  Every time we get in the car he asks what street we are on and where we are going.  He knows all the major routes to the people he loves most; he can tell me on the drop of a hat if we are going the wrong way.   I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful son!!!  Thank you GOD!!!  I love him so very much and wanted to start my first blog to wish him a Happy Birthday ;)

I once read a card that said being a mom is like wearing your heart on your sleeve it is so very true!!!  And that book Mrs. Mays read us in High School Love you Forever still makes me cry every time I read it to my baby Leighton.  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.  Okay gimme some Kleenex :)


3rd Grade

Not a lot has changed he still picks on his sister, loves pancakes and pizza! I really am proud to be his mother. He is the smartest most sensitive and funny 9 year old I know and I love him dearly. Today makes me a little sad knowing he is getting older and will need me less and less as he grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment